Our clinic offers a non-judgmental space where all birthing decisions are equally supported. We have access to different resources should there be inquiries, as well, we love to integrate different modalities (massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, nutrition, yoga) within the clinic should we see a need to add or change a prenatal therapy-always keeping the patient’s best interest as our highest regard.
Acupuncture during your 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester can help ensure a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
Acupuncture can help:
- to prevent miscarriage
- to manage nausea and vomiting
- to increase energy
- to prevent constipation and bloating
- to reduce anxiety
- you sleep better
- to manage common pregnancy symptoms like back pain, hip pain, headaches, stress, pelvic pain, sciatica
- to optimally position the baby especially if the baby is in breech position
- to manage high blood pressure
When to start Acupuncture for Labour Preparation
- Start preparation acupuncture in the last trimester of pregnancy, usually begin treatments at 36 WEEKS
- Treatments are once weekly until delivery of baby or 40 weeks
- At 40 weeks we move forward with acupuncture to promote labour
Why would I use acupuncture to prepare for my labour?
- Reduce average time of labour (average reduction of 2 hours)
- Ease discomfort of last few weeks of pregnancy
- Reduce anxiety about upcoming labour or delivery