Our clinic offers a non-judgmental space where all birthing decisions are equally supported. We have access to different resources should there be inquiries, as well, we love to integrate different modalities within the clinic should we see a need to add or change a prenatal therapy-always keeping the patient’s best interest as our highest regard.
Why do women come to HIHF for prenatal care?
We find people are looking for a place that houses therapists with experience working with prenatal issues. All of our therapists are professionally trained and highly qualified in their fields.
“When I ask our prenatal patients what made them decide to choose our clinic the most common response they share is that they were more comfortable coming to a place with a primary focus on prenatal care, knowing that the practitioners are experienced in dealing with the issues that arise during pregnancy. “ Dr. Gillian Sawyer, Chiropractor, Director of Prenatal Care.
A plan to suit your needs
Many of our patients utilize more than one modality of care depending on their needs. When dealing with the common lower back/hip pain and sciatica, chiropractic care and massage are often recommended.
For the women who are seeking care to help prepare their body for labour a combination of chiropractic, yoga and acupuncture work so well together. Others come to the clinic looking for guidance for an overall healthy pregnancy, for which we can set up a program that utilizes nutrition, acupuncture, chiropractic, yoga, massage and reflexology.
Come to us with your concerns and we can help develop a plan that works for you.
Whether you are keen on just one modality or are looking for a combination of therapies to assist during pregnancy, our clinic can help you.
Acupuncture during your 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester can help ensure a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
Acupuncture can help:
- to prevent miscarriage
- to manage nausea and vomiting
- to increase energy
- to prevent constipation and bloating
- to reduce anxiety
- you sleep better
- to manage common pregnancy symptoms like back pain, hip pain, headaches, stress, pelvic pain, sciatica
- to optimally position the baby especially if the baby is in breech position
- to manage high blood pressure
People choose Chiropractic care during pregnancy for 3 reasons:
- low back pain, sciatica
- to facilitate a healthy birthing process
- breech baby
There are specific techniques that are used for adjusting the pregnant body, that are specific to physical demands the body is under and the physiological changes that take place. Dr. Gillian will take you through a comprehensive assessment, provide a thorough and clear explanation of the cause of your condition, and start you on a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
During your 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester:
- Decreases Pain
- Increases circulation
- Decreases swelling in the limbs
- Assists in fetal development by supporting the body’s circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the fetus and removing stagnant fluids
- Therapeutic touch provides your developing baby with stimulating and nurturing input
- Encourages a healthy labor, eases muscular tension, increases hip flexibility and reduces swelling and other discomforts
- Increases endorphins and serotonin, promoting hormone balance, relaxation, and a sense of well-being for both mother and baby
During a Pregnancy Massage session, the expecting mother’s comfort is the foremost priority. Additional bolstering, blankets, and heat pads may be used to ensure that the client is able to relax and find comfort on the massage table. Usually this means laying on one side or the other, but occasionally a mother will be able to find comfort on either her stomach or her back.
Your safety and comfort are our top priority.
The benefits of prenatal yoga includes increased energy, empowerment of your birthing experience, keeps you flexible enough to minimize rib and back pain, decreases anxiety, strengthens birthing muscles, quickens postpartum recovery and of course, promotes a healthy birth.
Prenatal Yoga is offered out of our SOUTH clinic only.