The power of human touch is a foundation to health and the healing process. Stress-related disorders make up an estimated 80-90% of the ailments that bring people to family-practice physicians. What they require is someone to listen, provide therapeutic touch and someone to simply care.
Benefits of Human Touch
The healing power of human touch is a positive experience that many people enjoy through therapeutic massage or bodywork. The effects of a good massage go much deeper than the skin’s surface.
1) Improve circulation of the blood and lower blood pressure.
2) Detoxify the body by propelling toxic waste products through the lymphatic system.
3) Better rehabilitation post operative/post injury. Stimulate weak, inactive muscles and it also can hasten and lead to a more complete recovery from exercise or injury. Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue.
4) Reduce anxiety and promote a sense of well-being.
5) Benefit the immune system by significant increasing in white blood cells and natural killer cell activity.
6) Alleviate discomfort during pregnancy.
7) Alleviate pain in migraine sufferers.
8) Promote greater joint flexibility and range of motion.
HIHF Massage Services
HIHF offers a multitude of massage styles which are beneficial, depending upon the individual’s needs and preferences. They include:
- Prenatal Massage
- Fertility Massage
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Deep tissue
- Raindrop Therapy
- Ayurvedic Foot Massage (a clinic favorite)