We specialize in prenatal massage therapy in Calgary. Pregnancy massage is done during the 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester to decrease some of the discomfort that often accompanies pregnancy and to support healthy fetal development.
(thanks to “astrid on air media” @ homebiztv.ca for creating these amazing videos for our clinic)
We love working with our prenatal patients at the clinic because we become part of their journey. Whether it’s the 1st baby or 3rd, each experience is different and we learn so much from each other. Our clinic offers a non-judgmental space where all birthing decisions are equally supported. We have access to different resources should there be inquiries, as well, we love to integrate different modalities within the clinic should we see a need to add or change a prenatal therapy-always keeping the patient’s best interest as our highest regard.
Common Complaints Treated During Pregnancy Are:
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Foot pain/swelling
Benefits of Prenatal Massage During your 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trimester:
- Decreases Pain
- Increases circulation
- Decreases swelling in the limbs
- Assists in fetal development by supporting the body’s circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the fetus and removing stagnant fluids
- Therapeutic touch provides your developing baby with stimulating and nurturing input
- Encourages a healthy labor, eases muscular tension, increases hip flexibility and reduces swelling and other discomforts
- Increases endorphins and serotonin, promoting hormone balance, relaxation, and a sense of well-being for both mother and baby
During a Pregnancy Massage session, the expecting mother’s comfort is the foremost priority. Additional bolstering, blankets, and heat pads may be used to ensure that the client is able to relax and find comfort on the massage table. Usually this means laying on one side or the other, but occasionally a mother will be able to find comfort on either her stomach or her back.
We believe in the absolute comfort and safety of our patients.